Monday, January 18, 2016

Lupin chocolate chip cookies

I'm still occasionally experimenting with cooking with lupins. Today I made lupin cookies. Which, I'm happy to say, turned out fantastic! In fact after I made the first batch, I liked it so much I went ahead and immediately made another batch.



As a basis, I used the excellent chick-pea chocolate chip cookie recipe from Lauren Goslin at the Oatmeal with a Fork blog. Instead of copying her entire recipe, I'll just note what I did differently. A lot of what I changed was just because I didn't have all the ingredients on hand that are in her recipe, so I had to do some substitution. I think the recipe would work out just fine if all you did was substitute lupin flour for chickpea flour. Her recipe doesn't make much, so I'd double it if I were you. I ended up quadrupling it...

Here's the substitutions I made:


lupin flour instead of chickpea flour.
butter instead of coconut oil (which means my version is not vegan)
I omitted the stevia and maple syrup
I added an extra tablespoon of sugar
I omitted the vanilla and chocolate chips
I added chocolate sprinkles
I added a few dashes of cinnamon






No comments:

Post a Comment